The Latest from the Lab
FECPL’s Andrea Reid & Dr. Cooke are two of the authors on a new publication about emerging threats to freshwater biodiversity.... Read more →
Research conducted by PhD student William Twardek was covered in a recent article in the Idaho Statesman (Dec 2018). https://www.idahostatesman.com/news/local/environment/article222583830.html Read more →
- A summary of our research on whether carbonated beverages halt bleeding in angled fish. https://t.co/odAMYpYlrF… https://t.co/3aSmGX2Ky85 hours ago
- Inside the secret, million-dollar world of baby eel trafficking | CBC News https://t.co/RHP5HNQifu7 hours ago
- RT @hugomflavio: Do you work with #fish #migration and #acoustic #telemetry arrays in rivers and fjords? I am developing actel, a… https://t.co/6UOjGlZnNk8 hours ago
- RT @j_pye: Paul Cowley is back to advertise the GATE project. A global @OceanTracking @ATAP_ZA @IMOSAnimalTrack @vemcoteam ini… https://t.co/GtOu3u10Uf8 hours ago
- RT @heathmacmillan: Looking for your next big move? An MSc position in turtle overwintering is currently available with @heathmacmillan… https://t.co/5USaTWL1TY9 hours ago
Lawrence, M.J., Eliason, E.J., Zolderdo, A.J., Lapointe, D., Best, C., Gilmour, K.M., & Cooke, S.J. (In Press). Cortisol modulates metabolism and energy mobilization in wild pumpkinseed (Lepomis gibbosus). Fish Physiology and Biochemistry. 00:00-00.
Hansen, M.J., A.E. Steel, D.E. Cocherell, P.H. Patrick, M. Sills, S.J. Cooke, K.J. Carr, M.L. Kavvas and N.A. Fangue. In Press. Experimental evaluation of the effect of a light emitting diode device on Chinook salmon smolt entrainment in a simulated river. Hydrobiologia. 00:000-000.
Teffer, A.K., Hinch, S.G., Miller, K.M., Jeffries, K.M., Patterson, D.A., Cooke, S.J., Farrell, A.P., Kaukinen, K.H., Li, S. and F. Juanes. In Press. Cumulative effects of thermal and fisheries stressors reveal sex-specific effects on pathogen development and early mortality of adult coho salmon (Oncorhynchus kisutch). Physiological and Biochemical Zoology. 00:000-000.