The Latest from the Lab
FECPL’s Andrea Reid & Dr. Cooke are two of the authors on a new publication about emerging threats to freshwater biodiversity.... Read more →
Research conducted by PhD student William Twardek was covered in a recent article in the Idaho Statesman (Dec 2018). https://www.idahostatesman.com/news/local/environment/article222583830.html Read more →
- RT @ElenaBennett: Ever wondered why it costs so much to publish your academic paper? Read this great explanation of the costs of runn… https://t.co/Z2okYG1nn03 hours ago
- RT @TaraGMartin: Love this. Despair Is Contagious. But We Need Hope to Fuel Our Fight for Change via @TheTyee https://t.co/mGsCc8qKwb14 hours ago
- Having call right now w grad student based in Yukon & discussing human behaviour & catch-&-release fishing outcomes… https://t.co/UbQcYV0egS14 hours ago
- I think I sprained my ankle during 4am interaction with a porcupine that triggered my electronic tripwire... They… https://t.co/5vFI4ry7HZJul 16
- Preparing a hearty pasta dinner for a few of my students so that they will be ready for the after-dinner topwater smallmouth bite!Jul 15
Jeanson, A.L., P. Soroye, A.N. Kadykalo, T.D. Ward, E. Paquette, A.E.I. Abrams, D.A. Algera, D. Demers, L.J. Epp, M.P. Giles, M.A. Litt, B.A. Manouchehri, R.J. James, S. McBeth, A. Paradis, L. Pittet, J. Sebes, S.C. Steell, A. Thompson, P. Tremblay, E.I. Tuononen, J.T. Kerr, J.R. Bennett and S.J. Cooke. In Press. Twenty actions for a ‘Good Anthropocene’ - Perspectives from early career conservation professionals. Environmental Reviews. 00:000-000.
Lennox RJ, Paukert P, Aarestrup K, Auger-Méthé M, Baumgartner LJ, Birnie-Gauvin K, Bøe K, Brink K, Brownscombe JW, Chen Y, Davidsen JG, Eliason EJ, Filous A, Gillanders BM, Helland IP, Horodysky AZ, Januchowski-Hartley SR, Lowerre-Barbieri SK, Lucas MC, Martins ES, Murchie KJ, Pompeu P, Power M, Raghavan R, Rahel FJ, Secor DH, Thiem JD, Thorstad EB, Ueda H, Whoriskey FG, Cooke SJ. In Press. 100 pressing questions on the future of global fish migration science, conservation, and policy. Frontiers in Ecology and Evolution 00:00-00.
Lawrence, M.J., Eliason, E.J., Zolderdo, A.J., Lapointe, D., Best, C., Gilmour, K.M., & Cooke, S.J. (In Press). Cortisol modulates metabolism and energy mobilization in wild pumpkinseed (Lepomis gibbosus). Fish Physiology and Biochemistry. 00:00-00.