The Latest from the Lab
FECPL’s Andrea Reid & Dr. Cooke are two of the authors on a new publication about emerging threats to freshwater biodiversity.... Read more →
Research conducted by PhD student William Twardek was covered in a recent article in the Idaho Statesman (Dec 2018). https://www.idahostatesman.com/news/local/environment/article222583830.html Read more →
- Going to @AmFisheriesSoc Annual Meeting in 2 wks. Looked at program today and discovered that I have committed to… https://t.co/JJ0syHMW0K7 hours ago
- RT @UA_magazine: "It is vital that our elected representatives harness the strength of scientific evidence in decision-making, to en… https://t.co/Che9hCbhfn12 hours ago
- RT @DalhousieU: In this week's episode of Sciographies, Dr. Sara Iverson talks about her upbringing, her path through university, w… https://t.co/Q1e7rIHR6K12 hours ago
- RT @AlbrechtS_H: Conservatives’ on-campus flyers maligning ‘left-wing’ professors anger academics, faculty representatives /via… https://t.co/Br5yJLouP912 hours ago
- Thinking about the students & faculty at @uvic as they deal with bus tragedy. Students were in crash en route to… https://t.co/9L8j1sh6sL12 hours ago
Steell, S.C., T.E. Van Leeuwen, J.W. Brownscombe, S.J. Cooke and E.J. Eliason. In Press. An appetite for invasion: digestive physiology, thermal performance, and food intake in lionfish (Pterois spp.). Journal of Experimental Biology. 00:000-000.
Reid, A. J., A. K. Carlson, D. E. L. Hanna, J. D. Olden, S. J. Ormerod, S. J. Cooke. In Press. Conservation challenges to freshwater ecosystems. Chapter X in S. A. Elias, editor. Encyclopedia of the World’s Biomes, Reference Module in Earth and Environmental Sciences. Elsevier.
Bergman, J.N., Bennett, J.R., Binley, A.D., Cooke, S.J., Vincent, F., Hlina, B.L., Reid, C.H., Vala, M.A., Madliger, C.L. (2019). Scaling from individual physiological measures to population-level demographic change: case studies and future directions for conservation management. Biological Conservation. 00:000-000.