The Latest from the Lab
Lab members assembled at the inaugural SCAS meeting in Montreal in February of 2023.
There were many team members (past and present) at the meeting. Dr. Cooke assumed the role of President of SCAS... Read more →
PhD student Jessica Robichaud discusses her turtle research with CBC Radio
https://www.cbc.ca/listen/live-radio/1-193-fresh-air/clip/15946967-what-turtles-ontario-winters Read more →
Canadian Centre for Evidence-based Conservation Call for Questions – submit your questions on Tipping Points and Cumulative Effects (November 2022)
The Canadian Centre for Evidence-Based Conservation and the FECPL at Carleton University are developing a research agenda on tipping points... Read more →
Tweets @ SJC_fishy
- RT @andrewrypel: "Freshwater fish aren't colorful"😅😅 https://t.co/jo6rbwAr2N8 hours ago
- "We welcome a new day for freshwater biodiversity and call on our colleagues and allies around the globe to help be… https://t.co/w1IB19nE0nMay 27
- I am loving that I am physically exhausted after field work these days. It leads to AMAZING sleeps. I much prefer… https://t.co/UhAqGdTG7QMay 27
- It is 10:30 pm on a Friday and I have already had 3 hrs of sleep. Field work is tiring... including 12 hrs of commuting over last 4 days.May 27
- RT @HenriquesRo: So happy to be (a small) part of this paper, picking up where @wpotts18 and I left off from my PhD work back when d… https://t.co/smdTM2Nb5nMay 26
Larocque, S., Piczak, M. L., Turner, N. A., Bowman, J., Boston, C. M. and Midwood, J D. 2022. Mark-recapture population estimates of piscivores in Hamilton Harbour, Area of Concern. Canadian Technical Report of Fisheries and Aquatic Sciences. 37
Piczak, M. L., Perry, D., Cooke, S. J., Harrison, I., Benitez, S., Koning, A., Peng, L., Limbu, P., Moberg, T., Brown, A. D., Smokorowski, K., Midwood, J., Velasquez, B., Rodriguez, S. S., Joehn, J. D., Creed, I., and Abell, R. Protecting and restoring habitat to bend the curve of global freshwater biodiversity loss. Environmental Reviews 00:000-000.
Schneider, E. V. C., Z. C. Zuckerman, B. S. Talwar, S. J. Cooke, A. D. Schultz and C. D. Suski. In Press. Aerobic responses to climate change differ across ontogeny in a teleost fish. Journal of Fish Biology. 00:000-000.